Friday, September 30, 2011

School must go on...

I'm really enjoying studying Japanese. We have four different teachers for our class so that helps to make classes a bit less boring or predictable. We have a listening class where we'll be learning about proper intonation. Not as easy as it sounds. There are specific places where you're supposed to dip or raise your tone of voice and these places will change depending on verb class, verb tense, type of adjective, connecting words, etc... Still a bit overwhelming for me. But we're going to be using this sweet software, called Movie Teleco which allows us to record ourselves by speaking into a microphone. We then can listen to ourselves over and over again (and no, we are not narcissistic lol) to improve our pronunciation and intonation, on which we'll be tested later.

I learned today that one of my teachers, Nishiyama sensei, has the same birthday as me! I now know four other people (including my dad) who share the same birthday. Two of my favorite actors are also born on June 9th: Johnny Depp and Natalie Portman. Maybe June 9th is a more common birth date than others... Or maybe I've just been drawn to other awesome people like me lol. Just kidding! Still, anyone born on June 9th is awesome! Or on any other day for that matter : D

Fall is starting to show its colors here. The leaves are turning shades of orange and yellow and the wind is blowing a bit more tenaciously. And it's gradually getting colder although for me, who was born and raised in Canada, it's still pretty hot.



0 comments:

Post a Comment