Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Officially in Japan!

After months (years really) of planning and preparation, I am now living and breathing and sweating IN JAPAN! Pretty hard to believe... but amazing none the less!

The trip to Japan got off to a rough start. Broke my headphones during the first flight... Then before boarding on the next flight, rushed to buy a new set of earphones... only to realize once on the plane that Air Canada hadn't updated its inflight entertainment system... and I'd seen all the movies I wanted to see during my previous trip to China. I wish I could say that at least the food on the plane made up for it... but sadly I can't.

I landed safely in Japan which is the most important thing. Then, carrying two 10 kg carry-ons, I made my way among the crowds of Japanese citizens to pass through the immigration counters, claim my baggage, and pass through customs... with no problems at all. Then at the exit, met my new parents who drove me to their house, a place I am grateful to be able to call home during my stay in Japan.




Once home, we shared a meal and I got a taste of what I can look forward to experiencing during my year in Japan: AMAZING FOOD! We had some gyoza (dumplings), some chicken, some rice (of course), miso soup, fresh salad and everything tasted so good. I definitely am going to love the food here. Already knew that before leaving ;)
 
First meal in Japan... a glimpse of what is yet to come!
 
My new parents, Shigenori and Reiko

Random tidbit of info:
Expression used in Japan now: my boom is (insert whatever you are into now) or my recent boom is ( " ) : which means the new thing, or what someone is currently loving. Which for my new dad in Japan is Taylor Swift : p

0 comments:

Post a Comment