Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hey everyone!

If you're reading this you probably already know I'm going to live in Japan for a full year. For those who don't know the whole story, here it is: I'm going to be a student at Tokai University, located south-west of Tokyo (indicated by red pin).


I'll be studying Japanese along with other foreign students. I'll also be training 6 days a week with the university's judo club, which has produced many top-ranked athletes.

Some quick stats to put things in perspective:

Population of Japan: over 127 million
Population of Tokyo metropolitan area: ~ 35 million
Population of Canada: ~ 33.7 million
Tokai University student population:  ~ 29,000 students
University of Winnipeg student population: ~ 10,000 students

I'll do my best to update regularly with my impressions, thoughts and some pictures. Feel free to check back anytime and don't feel shy to comment or ask questions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment