Saturday, February 25, 2012

Going to Miyazaki

On Monday (Feb 27), I'm flying, along with 4 other judo girls, to Miyazaki, located on the Kyushu Island, which is the most southwest island out of Japan's four main islands. One of the judo girls' father is holding a special judo training camp for one week where he'll be teaching judo techniques.

I'm quite excited. This will be my first flight on a Japanese airline. Apparently the service and food are much better than on Canadian airlines. It's also great to be able to spend more time with the girls to get to know each other in a different environment. At Tokai, I really only see them during practice or other events related to judo.

And I get to see another part of Japan. Many Japanese I've spoken to haven't even gone to Miyazaki. I went to the island of Kyushu once already. That was three years ago, when my dad and I went to watch a judo tournament in Fukuoka.

I won't be taking my laptop with me because I don't think there will be Internet access where we're staying. So you'll just have to be patient and wait till I come back to see all my beautiful pictures and read up on my fabulous stories : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment