Monday, February 6, 2012

It's a small world after all

I was just looking through some old pictures yesterday and I found a few pictures from Thuringa Cup, a tournament in Germany I participated in back in 2010. And guess who I recognized in the picture? A girl I currently train with at Tokai, Tomoka Yomogida! So apparently, as evidenced by these pictures, we both attended the same tournament. At that time of course, we didn't know each other. Who would have known I'd be training with her a few years later? The world really is a small place.

Here are two pictures that were taken in Germany:

See the Japanese girl in the front, with the gray pleated skirt?
That's Tomoka Yomogida, -48 kg division.

And then here, you see her squeezed in the middle and you can see me
 on the right side of the picture.

2 comments:

David said...

Yay! I caught up! I had only meant to read a few tonight, but an hour and a half later (at about 3:30 am...) I'm finally done :P I love reading your blog, I can't believe I fell so far behind! I find it so interesting to read about life in Japan, and I really love the way you write!

France said...

Congrats for catching up! But don't worry, you'll have some more to do pretty soon :P Wow, you really read for an hour and a half! Thanks a lot for reading, it really makes it much more enjoyable for me knowing that I have dedicated readers. And thanks for commenting as well, you're one of the few and I think it really adds to the blog to have other insights. Keep it up :) PS. I really love your writing style too, as showcased in your fb note.

Post a Comment