Sunday, February 19, 2012

Nabeshiki

I've always loved doing art crafts. In elementary school, we did a lot of them. High school and university... unfortunately not. But on my own, I've continued to do various crafts, like friendship bracelets, origami, and scrapbooking. So when I saw one of the dorm ladies, Hayashi-san, making these awesome origami rings, I just had to learn how to do one. I promised myself I would learn before I went back to Canada.

I told Hayashi-san I wanted to learn and she made a paper with the instructions especially for me. The instructions are kind of hard to follow... but she also demonstrated a few times for me and today I finally completed my first origami ring, or nabeshiki as she calls them (Nabe means pot and you'll soon see why).

I took a picture with others made by Hayashi-san (mine is the one in the
top left corner)


And this is what they're for (other than looking pretty):
to place under hot pots

3 comments:

David said...

Those are so cool!

Mamoru Vincent Blais-Shiokawa said...

K, so here's what's gonna happen:
- You're gonna film yourself making one as you explain how to do it.
- You're gonna send that video to me.
- I'm gonna make some!

hihi ;-)

France said...

How about I show you when you come to visit me? :P

Post a Comment