Sunday, October 30, 2011

A few old pictures

Just a few old pictures I thought I'd upload:

If you look very closely, you can make out Mount Fuji

On our way to the city office
From left: Naushad, Mari and Zara

Naushad comes from Sri Lanka and has lived in Japan for about four years now I think. He accompanied us to the city office to help us retrieve our alien registration cards. I'm lucky to have met people like him who are willing to help foreigners. Because like I said before, you're pretty much left to figure things out on your own here. People like Naushad also gives me hope that I'll be able to speak fluently very soon. When he first came to Japan, he only knew how to say Thank you and Hello in Japanese. But after four months he says, he was already feeling comfortable speaking in Japanese. It  reassures me that soon, I'll understand most of what is being said to me. And I won't be so tired at the end of the day. Because each time I open my mouth to say something, my brain is working at full speed to help me communicate what I'm trying to say.

Some delicious curry I made (and will soon be making again ; )

0 comments:

Post a Comment