Thursday, October 13, 2011

No Judo, no life

I've always thought I didn't have a life because of judo. When you train almost every day, including the weekend, there's often little time left to go out with friends. If you study at the same time, you have even less time... And often, if you do happen to have time, you are too exhausted to even consider going out. My friends can probably confirm this. How many times have I had to miss out on a party or activity because of judo? Many.

The other night at practice, a girl had a shirt that said " NO JUDO, NO LIFE". I couldn't help but find this funny. Because of judo, I've missed out on going out with friends or joining other sports teams. But judo has given me another kind of life, one that very few have the chance to experience. And right now, if I didn't do judo, I don't know what I would do with all that new found free time. There are many times where I've considered quitting judo because I thought it prevented me from having a normal life. But normal is overrrated : p Judo isn't always easy (far from it) but it brings me great satisfaction when I learn a new technique or finally execute a throw I've been practicing for months. So as long as I keep loving judo, I'll be putting on my gui and stepping onto the mats to keep learning : )

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. ~ Joseph P. Kennedy

Tough times don't last, tough people do. ~ Gregory Peck

0 comments:

Post a Comment