Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Why do all good things come to an end...

We had a great time in Yaita. But then, it was time for my father and brother to go back home. It was really hard saying goodbye. During their stay here, I became used to being able to see them everyday. In Yaita, I woke up next to my brother still sleeping and to the delicious smells coming from the kitchen where my grandmother was cooking and talking with my father. I felt at home and at peace. I think there's a saying that says "Home is where the heart is". Even though I've gotten used to my life here in Japan, my home will always be with my family and the ones I love.

But I'm glad I was able to see them, even for the short two weeks they were here. It was great to be able to show my brother all the cool things you can do and buy in Japan. It was also great to share my experiences with my father because he understands probably more than anyone else what it's like to live in Japan. He's Japanese so he understands Japanese culture and the Japanese people's way of thinking. But he also knows what's it's like to be living in a foreign country and learning a foreign language and so I always value his advice.



In front of the Shinkansen

P.S.: to allow even better things to enter your life (answer to the title, which is the title of a song by Nelly Furtado)

1 comments:

Mamoru Vincent Blais-Shiokawa said...

Are you saying Japan is better then me? ;-)

Post a Comment