Sunday, April 1, 2012

Two Canadians on the loose

Saturday, after practice, I took the train to Shinjuku to meet my dad and brother. My dad went to have supper with his friends from ICU (International Christian University), some of whom he hasn't seen in about 30 years.

In the meanwhile, my brother and I had about 3 hours to ourselves in Shinjuku. First, we went to Kinokuniya, my favorite bookstore.

Walking in Shinjuku

Then, we did some purikura, which was a lot of fun.

Outside the purikura booth

Then, we went to eat supper, a very traditional Japanese meal... just kidding. We had some delicious pasta.



Finally, we returned to the station to meet my dad, who brought us to the restaurant to introduce us to his friends.




After saying goodbye to everybody, along with the Iwasa's (my dad's good friends and my new "family"), we took the train back to their house to stay for the night. Everyone was pretty exhausted, especially my father.

2 comments:

Mamoru Vincent Blais-Shiokawa said...

Dad was so funny eh?

France said...

haha we thought he was pretty hilarious... but we were overtired... it wasn't as funny as we made it out to be :P

Post a Comment