Sunday, March 11, 2012

Happy birthday Vincent!

Today is an important day. Like the 9.11 will be forever remembered in the United States, 3.11 will never be forgotten in Japan. That's when the tsunami and earthquake occured, leaving a whole country in ruins. It was a difficult time for the Japanese. And they are still living the aftermath.

But it's an important day also because it's my brother's birthday today. And not just any birthday, his 18th birthday. He is now considered an adult in Canada. Scary, isn't it? My little brother isn't that little anymore. Where did time fly by?

To my little bro who's reading my blog faithfully, I want to wish you a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm sorry I can't be there with you to celebrate today but I'm counting down the days till you come to Japan on my calendar.

I think sometimes distance can do wonders for a relationship. My brother and I haven't argued in almost 6 months. lol. That's partly due to the fact that we haven't been living under the same roof during that time. : p But physical distance also makes you value the little time you have with loved ones even more. I don't get to talk with my brother often because of our conflicting schedules. When he's available, I'm in class and when I'm available, he's still sleeping. And so we try to make the most out the time we have together. I love to hear what he's been up to and share my own experiences in Japan with him.

I know my brother has a bright future ahead of him. He's smart, generous, capable of playing just about any sport (although his favorites are judo, tennis and volleyball), he's a great leader and he always manages to make me laugh. Like the 3.11 earthquake and tsunami, I think he's going to rock the world... but in a good way : ) So happy birthday little bro. Miss you. XXX

1 comments:

Mamoru Vincent Blais-Shiokawa said...

Thanks sista!! Love you too!!!

Post a Comment