Friday, August 24, 2012

Fireworks in Hiratsuka

Yesterday, my roommate and I took the bus to Hiratsuka city to see the fireworks display. We watched the fireworks from the beach, along with probably hundreds other people.

There were lots of women wearing pretty yukatas, (the simpler and lighter version of a kimono). And so were we : )


Two pretty ladies : my roommate Anzu (left) and me

I think I still have to master how to wear the yukata. It's definitely not as complicated as a kimono but not easy either. My roommate struggled about 15 minutes just to try to tie a bow in the back. But with her yukata, there was no need to tie a bow. Nowadays, most people buy already-made bows that you simply stick in the back.

The fireworks lasted for about an hour. It was quite spectacular. There were a few breaks in between of course to prepare the next round but it was almost non-stop.





Waiting for the bus


I'm so lucky to have Anzu as my roommate. Without her, I never would have known about the fireworks, or even how to get there. So thank you Anzu!

0 comments:

Post a Comment