Saturday, July 28, 2012

Party time!

Today, we had 2 parties.

The first was a party with our teachers and all of the other students of the Japanese Language Program. A few people talked, certificates were handed out and that was pretty much it. I really enjoyed this second semester. The teachers were great, and the class 3 students were eager to learn Japanese but eager to have fun as well.


Some girls wore beautiful yukatas
(a lighter and simpler version of a kimono; worn in summer)

My roommate and me

Class 3 (some students were absent though)

The teachers making sure Cho's (a Chinese student) tie is properly in place

Then, at 6:00, the Japanese staff (who board at the girls and boys' dorms to help the international students) hosted a party for the international students. There was some food, a dj playing music (one of the international students), a video presentation and even small fireworks. We even received a little square cardboard to have people at the party sign little messages.


On our way to the party


The fireworks caught in motion: they almost look like comets eh?

Now I am going to sleep! Tomorrow I leave early to take the train to meet my grandmother, my uncle and his family. See you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment