Friday, July 27, 2012

Exams are over!

Finally!!! After a week of late nights studying, exams are finally over!!! And the studying paid off. Here are the results:



My final grade for the course: 96.5% Go me! : )

And concerning the Japanese Language Proficency Test (JLPT) Level 2 : When we first took the exam in April, I only managed to score 157.21 out of 400. And to pass, you need 240 or more points. I was far from that. On Monday we took the test again to see whether or not we'd improved over the course of four months. And.... I scored 298,21 out of 400, easily passing the exam with almost 60 points extra. Hurrah!!!

But the studying isn't over by far. I really want to keep improving my Japanese. I also plan on taking the JLPT #1 (the highest level). But when I go back, it's definitely going to be more difficult to keep improving. For one thing, I'll be studying on my own, not in a class. I've bought plenty of great textbooks to help me study but it will be up to me to keep motivated. The environment is completely different as well. In Japan, I can just go take a walk around campus and listen to conversations in Japanese. Or turn on the TV and listen to the news in Japanese. That's why they say that the best way to learn a language is to live in that country. Even if you're not taking any classes, you learn a few words here and there just by hearing them everyday spoken by the people around you. So I'll have to work twice as hard to maintain what I've learned.

1 comments:

Mamoru Vincent Blais-Shiokawa said...

Wow!!

Post a Comment