Sunday, July 22, 2012

Exam week!

Sorry for not writing in such a long while.. This time, it's really been a while. And unfortunately, I don't have time to write a lot because exam week starts tomorrow!

Finally! Classes sometimes seemed to go by so slowly, but it's been 4 months since we started the second semester in April. Looking back, those 4 months went by so fast.

This week, we have exams on every day of the week except Friday, where we get the results back.

The schedule:

Monday: We're taking the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) Level 2. We took this test at the beginning of the semester as well and I didn't pass it at that time. I needed about 100 more points to pass. But now, after studying loads of grammar, kanji characters and new vocabulary words, I think I just might be able to pass this time.

Tuesday: We have to do an oral explanation of a graph that we'll be given the day before. For example, identify the tendencies, describe any big changes indicated in the graph, etc. Not that hard but of course, it's in Japanese. Then the same day, we also have to read a text and summarize it in 200 characters or less. Finally, we have to write a short argumentative text.

Wednesday: Kanji and grammar. We have to know how to write 90 different words in kanji characters (some have 3 or 4 characters) and read about twice that amount. Then we're also tested on all the grammar we've learned so far which is a lot.

Thursday: Reading and listening comprehension. Probably my two weakest points. Reading is hard because there are often lots of words I don't know or characters I can't read which prevents me from understanding the text properly. As for listening, I've always been someone who learns better visually so listening it's something I've had to work on. I've improved a lot so hopefully the test won't be too difficult.

Friday: We get the results of our tests and feedback from the professors. And then we're done!!!

So until then, I'll probably be living like a hermit, only going out of my room to go to class or practice.
I probably won't be posting until I finish so please be patient! And wish me luck in my exams! : )

Ganbarimasu! (I'll do my best!)

Here are three pictures taken when my brother and father came. I realized I haven't uploaded many pictures recently and I know for some people who read my blog and don't understand English, it's nice to have pictures.


Enjoying a meal together at the Iwasa's home

Trying to look cool : P

1 comments:

Papa said...

Bons examens.

On est fier de toi.

Post a Comment