Sunday, January 22, 2012

Riddles (continued)

Well... I must admit I'm disappointed. Our teacher finally gave us the answer today to the riddle I hadn't figured out yet: nisemono which translates to "counterfeit" or "fake".

So if we go back to the riddle, the person who makes it doesn't teach it. I find the word "teach" misleading, but then again, it's translated from Japanese. The maker doesn't tell the truth about his product to be more exact. Then, the person who has it doesn't know it. And finally, the one who knows it doesn't want it. So it makes some sense but I was expecting more of an A-HA moment.

But my brother suggested "mistake" as a possible answer. And I do like his answer a lot better. The person who makes it doesn't teach it. The person who has it doesn't know it. And the person who knows it doesn't want it. Makes sense, right? So way to go bro! I shall tell my teacher your answer tomorrow and see what she thinks. : )

1 comments:

Mamoru Vincent Blais-Shiokawa said...

Hihi... Mada mada dane... So what did your teacher think of my answer?

Post a Comment